Friday, July 2, 2010

Blog 1 - Media Autobiography

Books are a daily part of my life. I like reading them in my bed. They provide an escape from the real world for me. I like reading books from different cultures to see the similarities and differences with the American culture. Growing up, I used to read many Amelia Bedelia books because they were funny. Then I advanced to Mrs. Piggy Wiggy. Now I still read funny books, but I tend to enjoy travel books and mystery more.

Getting up in the morning the first thing I like to do is grab the daily newspaper. I like it fresh and crisp. The first thing I read is the comics, followed by the weather. I also like the News of the Weird. Some irritating things the newspaper does is stick some items in different places each day making it confusing for the reader. Growing up I would be the first to wake up even on a Saturday just to read the newspaper.

In my high school, we used to have magazines in the library; they are the first thing I would run to read whenever I was there. I enjoy getting celebrity gossip from celebrity magazines. I like magazines because they have a lot of interesting pictures in them. Also I like how magazines have an interesting story on the last page. that is usually what I read first.

Movies are always fun to watch with friends. I always like a movie with a Buddhist meaning on how we shouldn't be materialistic. I don't like movies which are 3-D because they cause headaches for me. I like movies with a meaning.

I like to listen to recordings in a long car ride. Most of my recordings are music based. I also like books which are recorded if the person speaking has an animated voice.

Radio was the place where I got my information when I was little before it was published in a newspaper. I like how it provided entertainment and news at the same time. We still have a radio in my house and we listen to fun talk shows.

For the first 10 years in my life I didn't have a TV. This meant I solely got news from radio and newspaper. When we did get TV, I still rarely viewed it . Now we only have 5 channels on it with no cable. I enjoy watching the same types of items I used to receive on the radio: entertainment and news. I like watching late night comedy shows.

Internet is very frustrating for me. There are too many things you can do which overwhelms me. Although it is great too because i can make this blog!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment