Looking up social networking sites on Wikipedia, I was shocked how many there were. There are about a 100 different ones, and I have only heard of 3. Facebook, Myspace,and Twitter are recognizable to me because they are popular websites, the other websites I didn't even know exist. Ironically, I know a social networking sites many Indians use because I am Indian called bharatstudent, I saw this website wasn't mentioned on the list.
I researched filmaffinity. This is a website which connects people who like movies. They let people see other people's ratings on movies. They give update information of movies to movie watchers around the globe. They also tell the top movies of each week. They tell what movies people have recommended helping you choose a movie to watch.
I use Facebook very rarely . I only use it as a phone book and too see what others are doing who I haven't met in a long time. Other than that I am not very interested in social networking sites. I think it is a false addiction. I would rather pick up the phone and talk to someone. I would improve the sites I use by including skype this would let me talk to a person I haven't met in a long time but at the same time still see their background on Facebook.
Facebook really helps me when I am deciding what country to travel too. Seeing other people's pictures and insights give me an idea of where to go next. For example, we are planning to go to Indonesia after seeing a friend really liked it there and it looks really pretty.
No comments:
Post a Comment